My Guide Website?
Basilica San Giorgio Maggiore Tour with Water Transport
Experience the best of Venice on land, in water and in the sky on a guided tour of the iconic St. Mark’s Square and San Giorgio Maggiore. Visit the Bell Tower and Basilica of San Giorgio Maggiore.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit St. Mark’s Square and San Giorgio Maggiore with a 5-Star Private Guide
- See the famous Basilica of St. Mark and San Giorgio Maggiore up close
- Enjoy the view from the Bell Tower of San Giorgio Maggiore
- Save time with skip-the-line tickets to the Doge’s Palace (5-hour option only)
- Enjoy transfers by water bus from San Marco to the San Giorgio Maggiore island
DescriptionMost people see the famous San Giorgio Maggiore only from far away when strolling through St. Mark’s Square, but on this exclusive tour you can visit the island and see its landmark basilica up close! Immerse yourself in the history and legends of the Floating City as you discover its highlights on land, in water and in the sky. Enjoy the ultimate Venetian adventure! Choose the 3-hour tour to see the most important monuments of St. Mark’s Square and San Giorgio Maggiore, and visit the Bell Tower and Basilica of San Giorgio Maggiore. Your private walking tour will begin with a stroll in Piazza San Marco, the beating heart of Venice. This historic square boasts the most beautiful Venetian Gothic architecture and amazing views of the Venetian Lagoon. Your Private Guide will share interesting facts about this world heritage site and you admire the stunning facades of Basilica of St. Mark and the Doge's Palace, which for many centuries was a government seat and prison. The main highlight of this tour will be a cruise from San Marco to San Giorgio Maggiore by vaporetto, i.e. the public water bus (two-way tickets are included). Vaporetto is the most romantic and convenient way to reach the island, and you can enjoy live commentary along the way. The island, or more specifically its 16th century Palladian church, is one of the most photographed landmarks of Venice, gleaming above the blue water of the lagoon. Inside the classical Renaissance style interiors you will find works by Jacopo Tintoretto, Jacopo Bassano, Sebastiano Ricci and other amazing Venetian artists. As part of the tour you will also climb up to the viewing terrace of the basilica’s Bell Tower, which offers amazing views of the lagoon and the Riva degli Schiavoni. Choose the extended 5-hour to enrich your guided tour with a visit to the Doge’s Palace. It is one of the most visited attractions in Venice but with skip-the-line tickets you can save time and go right inside. The palace delights with spectacular sculptural decoration and paintings by famous artists such as Titian, Veronese, Tintoretto, A.Vittoria and Tiepolo. Your Expert Guide will explain how for centuries the palace served as the political center of the Republic, and how Casanova escaped the palace prison. You will see the vast council chambers, luxurious residential apartments, and austere prison cells, and hear the story behind the name of the Bridge of Sighs.
IncludesPrivate Walking Tour of St. Mark Square and San Giorgio Maggiore (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice Tickets to the Bell Tower and free admission to the Basilica of San Giorgio Maggiore Skip-the-line tickets to the Doge's Palace (5-hour option only) Two-way water bus tickets to San Giorgio Maggiore island
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information. Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Tickets to the Doge’s Palace are not included in the 3-hour option. This tour includes transfers by vaporetto, the Venetian water bus (public transport). For your convenience, two-way tickets are included. Admission to San Giorgio Maggiore during mass and scheduled events is restricted. It is possible that you will see the basilica's exterior and only visit the Bell Tower (Campanile). Please cover your shoulders and knees. Skip-the-line tickets to Doge’s Palace grant you immediate entry at your booked time, without waiting in line at the ticket office. There are mandatory security checks. Headsets will be provided for groups larger than 10. For the best experience, we limit the group size to 1-25 guests per guide. We can arrange additional guides for larger groups.