My Guide Website?
Byzantine Venice: Historical Tour and the Golden Basilica5 Reviews
Discover the Venetian byzantine art with a morning walking tour of St. Mark’s Square and the main highlights of the city, then enter in the marvelous Basilica of St. Mark, known as the Golden cathedral.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Walk through the heart of the city
- Be guided through history with some anecdotes by a local from this wonderful city
- Discover the magnificent Basilica of Saint Mark
- Experience the historical soul of Venice
DescriptionDiscover the real soul of Venice admiring one of the most famous squares in the world: San Marco. Your guide will narrate the endless history of the monuments at the Doge’s Palace, Clock Tower and Bridge of Sighs. Go through the labyrinth of Calli and Campi, the narrow Venetian streets and squares. Find some hidden artistic jewels as Santa Maria Formosa Square or the imposing SS. Giovanni and Paolo Church with a spectacular façade, which is known as the Pantheon of Venice. Climb to the Rialto Bridge: the center of the commercial market of Europe. Later, start the fascinating guided tour through the Cathedral of St. Mark, known as the Golden Basilica. The building itself is famous for the fact that its incredible mosaics consist only of gold. You will skip the long line and enter in the majestic church accompanied by an expert guide who will explain everything around you. Your guide will narrate the history of this byzantine artwork and its meaning. Discover the Saint Mark Treasury, a magnificent collection of relics and precious items collected along the centuries. You can listen to your guide as they explain the meaning of the many biblical scenes painted in the church. This tour also includes an audio guide for further self-guided exploration of Venice with digital maps to discover the 5 districts of Venice and their best attractions and squares. Listen to the automatic audio narration of the city’s highlights, with more than 200 points of interest including the glorious La Fenice Theater, Rialto Bridge, Jewish Ghetto, the Arsenal, the majestic Accademia Bridge, and much more. Thanks to this app, you will also enjoy the discover hidden gems and picturesque places of Venice known only by true Venetians.
IncludesAccess to the terrace of the Basilica and St. Mark's Museum Shared walking tour with a guide Basilica skip-the-line tickets Audio receiver devices (for groups of over 10 people) Mobile app with commentary for a self-guided tour of the 5 districts of Venice
- On Sundays, festive days, and unscheduled religious celebrations, the visit is scheduled with direct access to the terrace and St. Mark's Museum on the first floor from where the mosaics can be seen partially
- The tour is not considered private but it is shared with other guests not belonging to the same party
- Tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of special religious functions (in these cases it can be postponed the day after otherwise it will be refunded)
- For the audio guide, you must have a smartphone
- The walking tour is at 9:00 AM; the visit to the Basilica is at 10:45 AM
- This tour requires a minimum of 5 guests to run the trip