My Guide Website?
Classical Venice: 1.5-Hour Walking Tour68 Reviews
On a 1.5-hour walking tour seeing the classical sights of Venice, immerse yourself in the beauty of St. Mark's Square and see the Basilica's golden domes. Then check out the Gothic grandeur of Doge Palace from outside, and learn about Venetian history.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the beautiful monuments of San Marco Square
- Hear about the exploits of the Doge rulers of the Venetian Empire
- Get beautiful views of the Basin of San Marco and the loggiato of the Doge Palace
- Admire the enchanting Campanile
DescriptionThanks to the elegance of its monuments, San Marco Square is rightly considered the great “Salotto,” or drawing room, of Venice. Explore the graceful heart of Venice on a 2-hour walking tour seeing San Marco’s beautiful buildings and Doge Palace from the outside. See the grand Old Law Courts and Clock Tower around St. Mark's Square, and learn all about the magnificent Basilica and Campanile. Continue to the Venetian Gothic Ducal Palace, the former residence of the Doges of Venice. The exquisite palace took on its present form in the 15th-century. Admire the beautiful white marbles of the loggiato, and really get to know Venice along the way. To be sure, this tour is the perfect way to get introduced to Venice's classical sights and learn the fascinating history of the City of Water.
- Please be ready at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the departure of the tour
- Please note that, depending on the number of people, the tour may be held by a bilingual tour guide.