My Guide Website?
Leonardo da Vinci Museum and San Polo Private Tour
Celebrate the life and works of the greatest Renaissance man, Leonardo da Vinci, on a guided tour of the Leonardo da Vinci Museum and San Polo, one of Venice's oldest neighborhoods.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the highlights of San Polo with a 5-Star Private Guide
- Visit the Leonardo da Vinci Museum with skip-the-line tickets
- Learn about the life and works of the greatest Renaissance man
- See the reproductions of da Vinci’s paintings, machines and devices
- Have fun with the Da Vinci exhibition in San Barnaba (3,5-hour option only)
DescriptionJoin this original tour to learn about the time when Leonardo da Vinci was employed as a military architect and engineer, devising methods to defend Venice from naval attack. Immerse yourself in the true story of the greatest Renaissance man and see the excellent exhibitions on his genius. Discover the traces of Leonardo da Vinci in San Polo, Venice! Choose the 2,5-hour option to see the best of San Polo and visit the Leonardo Da Vinci Museum in Campo S. Rosso. While this tour will be focused mostly on Leonardo’s life and work, you will also learn many interesting facts about the Venetian Golden Age, when the old neighborhood of San Polo was the center of the city’s commercial trade. You will pass important monuments such as the Rialto Bridge and San Giacomo di Rialto, the oldest church in Venice. Feel the lively atmosphere of the famous Rialto Market, wander around Campo San Polo and admire the magnificent Basilica of Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari. The highlight of this walking tour will be a visit to the excellent Leonardo da Vinci Museum. With skip-the-line tickets you can save time and go straight in without waiting in long lines. Explore the high-resolution digital reproductions of Leonardo’s most famous paintings, writings, machines and inventions. Many exhibits are interactive, so both adults and children can play with them and learn the principles of mechanics and physics. Your 5-Star Guide will help you understand how the genius behind da Vinci’s works! Choose the 3,5-hour option to learn even more about the genius and creations of Leonardo da Vinci with a visit to the Chiesa di San Barnaba. This small 18th century church located in the artsy district of Dursoduro displays interactive mechanical, aerospace and hydraulic machines invented by Leonardo. It’s a great place for solo travelers and families who like to learn through play. The church is also well known for its appearance in the Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade film, so every movie fan will love it!
IncludesPrivate Walking Tour of San Polo with Leonardo Da Vinci Museum and San Barnaba (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice Interesting facts about Leonardo da Vinci and Venice Skip-the-line tickets to the Leonardo Da Vinci Museum (all options) Regular tickets to the Church of San Barnaba (3,5-hour option only)
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information. Please note that the number of attractions depends on the option selected. Tickets to the exhibition in the Church of San Barnaba are not included in the basic 2,5-hour option. Skip-the-line tickets to the Leonardo Da Vinci Museum grant you immediate entry at your booked time, without waiting in line at the ticket office. The guide will purchase regular tickets on site. For the comfort of all guests, it is best to have 1 licensed guide per maximum of 25 guests. If there are 26-50 people in your group, we will provide the service of 2 licensed guides so that all guests can get the best experience, ask questions and hear the guide well.