My Guide Website?
Prosecco Road: Full Day Tour and Wine Tasting
Travel from Venice to one of the region's best-kept secrets, Prosecco Road. Taste locally produced proseccos, explore quaint towns, and visit some historical sites in the area.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Venice: Dolomites, Lake Misurina, and Cortina Day Trip
- Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride Combo
- Venice: Venetian Aperitif on the Lagoon
- Venice: 4-Hour City Tour with Doge's Palace & Basilica Visit
- From Rovinj: Venice Boat Trip with Day or One-Way Option
- Explore the delights of Prosecco Road, from its delicious sparkling wines to its breathtaking scenery
- Visit two local vineyards and enjoy wine tastings
- Learn about the prosecco production process
- Learn the history of an amazing region and its important local product
DescriptionEmbark on a leisurely full day tour of Prosecco Road, the area where Italy's sparkling white wine is produced. Admire an under-explored region known for its family-run cantines (vineyards), charming villages, and picturesque countryside. Leave from Piazzale Roma in Venice and set forth for Prosecco Road by private car. Arrive in Valdobbiadene, a small town with winding streets and old houses scattered across steep hillsides that is known for its beautiful vineyard and top quality wines. Reach the first winery at 11:30 am, a time which experts claim is perfect for wine tasting with your body in peak shape to appreciate varied sensations from the wine's perfumed notes to its mouth feel. Allow a guide to show you the winery itself and take you to the cellar to describe the prosecco production process, from grape pickling to fermentation. In the tasting room, sample diverse types of Prosecco (brut, extra dray, dray, cartizze, or rosè) and other wines. You will have the opportunity to purchase lunch after your tasting in a wonderful restaurant overlooking the vineyard. After lunch, head to Follina in the province of Treviso and check out a 12th century abbey and nearby cloister. The tour will continue with a tasting at another selected vineyard where you get acquainted with a different method of prosecco production. Following your second tasting, journey on to Refrontolo where you will see a picturesque 17th century mill. On your way back to Venice, pass by the scenic hilltop towns of Conegliano and Susegana.
IncludesPrivate car and English- or Italian-speaking driver Wine tasting in two wineries
- The tour will be held rain or shine