My Guide Website?
Rialto Market Food and Wine Lunchtime Tour of Venice297 Reviews
Immerse yourself in the food, wine and culture of Venice on a 4-hour walking tour with tastings. Explore the hidden treasures of “La Serenissima” at sights such as the Rialto Bridge. Stop to sample the gastronomic delights of the Veneto.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See the major sights of Venice, along with some hidden attractions
- Taste traditional Venetian specialties at different eateries
- Meet local producers, innkeepers and food artisans
- Go to the former home of Marco Polo and discover the haunts of Casanova
- Watch locals shop for farm fresh produce at the Rialto market
DescriptionEnjoy an intimate, half-day food and culture tour of Venice, and see the major sights of “La Serenissima,” as well as some hidden treasures along the way. Visit osterias, trattorias, pastry shops and wine bars to sample the typical fare of the Veneto. Meet your guide close to the Rialto Bridge, and stroll through a market overflowing with fish, fruit and vegetables of every shape and color. Cross the Rialto Bridge to an interesting 18th-century osteria famous for its cicchetti (tapas-like snacks unique to Venice). Drink a toast of regional wines and prosecco, and savor bite-sized morsels bursting with regional flavors. Continue to the Campo San Bartolomeo to see Marco Polo’s house and the haunts of Casanova. Pass beautiful churches and hear wonderful trivia, such as the origins of the Bellini cocktail. Go to the Campo Santi Giovanni e Paolo to enjoy an authentic tiramisu with coffee, and experience a Venetian specialty where the Italian coffee culture was born. As you search for olives, pillows of polenta, and mouthwateringly marinated seafood, your guide will provide suggestions on excursions for the rest of your time in Venice. Come with an appetite, as this food tour is a meal in itself!
IncludesEnglish-speaking guide 6 stops at traditional quality eateries
- Tours will not enter the Basilica until further notice. Tours will visit the Terrace and the Museum instead.
- Options are available for vegetarians
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- If you have allergies please notify the supplier when booking