My Guide Website?
Skip-the-line Doge’s Palace, San Marco Venice Private Tour
Enjoy an in-depth and personal tour of the Doge’s Palace, an iconic landmark of San Marco Square, the former seat of Venetian government and prison. See works by Veronese, Titian and Tintoretto.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the iconic Doge’s Palace with a 5-Star Licensed Guide
- Save time with skip-the-line tickets & simply enjoy exploring the palaceinterior
- See the apartment's of Venetian Doges, the Bridge of Sights & the prison cell
- Explore the highlights of St. Mark's Square&admire the famous St. Mark's Basilca
- Discover Venetian art & antiques at the Correr Museum & Marciana Library (4Hour)
DescriptionJoin us on a private tour of the Doge’s Palace (Palazzo Ducale), one of the most prominent symbols of Venice. Explore the beautiful palace interiors with an Expert Guide to discover nearly 1,000 years of history and heritage hidden within these walls. Immerse yourself in the story of the City of Water, its rulers and ordinary citizens. Choose the 2-hour option to visit Doge’s Palace with skip-the-line tickets that allow you to jump the queue and save time. Before entering the palace interiors, you will explore Piazza San Marco to admire the palace’s ornate Venetian Gothic facade and nearby monuments like St. Mark’s Basilica and St. Mark’s Bell Tower. At every step, you will learn new interesting facts and legends of Venice’s San Marco, the Old Town. Inside Palazzo Ducale you will discover luxurious interiors in different architectural styles, from Byzantine to Gothic to Byzantine. You will visit Doge’s Apartments, which are decorated with paintings by Veronese, Titian and Tintoretto that depict the history of Venice. You will also explore the inner courtyard, the Maggior Consiglio hall, the Institutional Chambers, the armoury, the prisons, and more. Your Private Guide will share stories about the 120 Dukes who ruled the city from the palace, as well as the story of the famous lover, Giacamo Casanova, who escaped the palace prison. Do not miss out on this top attraction in Venice! Choose the 4-hour option to visit the Doge’s Palace, Museo Correr and the Marciana Library (Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana). For your convenience, skip-the-line tickets to all attractions are included. The Museo Correr is one of the most important art and history museums in Venice, exploring Venetian life and culture over the centuries. The beautiful Marciana Library is a hidden gem of the Old Town with works by some of the greatest Italian masters, including Titan, Veronese and Tintoretto.
IncludesPrivate Tour of the Doge's Palace, Correr Museum and Marciana Library (number of attraction depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice Skip-the-line tickets to the Doge's Palace (all options) Skip-the-line tickets to the Correr Museum and Marciana Library (4-hour option only) Personalized experience with tips on the local restaurants, cafes and other points of interests
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information. Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Guided tours of the Correr Museum and the Mariana Library are not included in the 2-hour option. Skip-the-line tickets to the Doge's Palace include a pre-booked time slot for entry. You can skip the line at the ticket xounter but not for the ticket and security checks at the entrance. Headphones/audio whisper systems will be provided for groups larger than 10 inside the Doge's Palace. For the best experience, we will limit the group size to 25 guests per guide, so that everyone can get personal attention, ask questions and hear commentary clearly. The price will be higher if you need more than 1 guide.