My Guide Website?
Venice: 1.5-Hour Walking Tour86 Reviews
Starting in Saint Mark’s Square, this atmospheric walking tour will then whisk you away from the crowded streets into the treasure filled pockets of the Castello area.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Embark on a 1.5-hour walking tour of Saint Mark's Square and the Castello area
- Escape the crowds by visiting an atmospheric, residential part of the city
- Be led by a fully qualified local guide and live audio commentary
- Discover hidden campi and churches in the less crowed area behind San Marco
DescriptionStarting in St. Mark’s Square, this atmospheric walking tour will whisk you away from the crowded streets into the treasure filled pockets of the Castello area. A qualified guide will walk you through the hidden squares, winding canals and historical buildings providing you with a perfect introduction to the origins, symbols, traditions, architecture and life in present day Venice. The tour will start with a historical introduction of St. Marks’s Square and its architectural delights, allowing you to discover the history of the majestic St. Mark’s Basilica, the illustrious Doge’s Palace, once the seat of the power of the Republic of Venice, and the extraordinary, Renaissance clock tower. Leaving the square, you will be guided into the residential Castello area, allowing you to discover this part of Venice in all of its elegance, through its labyrinth of narrow alleys known as calli, its many bridges, winding canals and wide picturesque squares called campi. Discover campo Santa Maria Formosa and campo San Giovanni & Paolo, with its stunning Basilica, where the doges of Venice were buried. At the end of your walking tour, come back with your local guide in San Marco's square passing through the Mercerie, the shopping connection street between Rialto and San Marco.
IncludesGuided tour of the area between St. Mark's Square and Castello Personal audio system and headset for tour commentary Live tour commentary provided in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian
- This is an external walking tour only
- Check-in will be 15 minutes prior to the booked tour starting time
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
- You should wear comfortable walking shoes
- The walking tour will take place rain or shine
- Children are free up to 5 years, from 6 they pay the full ticket (ID required)