We teach guests about local history and traditions
Throughout our classes, everyone can support Venice's sports traditions
Part of the class fee is donated to one of the oldest rowing clubs in the city
Class starts in the club's boatyard, immersing you in Venetian rowing culture
Five-kilometer workout for adults in groups, couples or single kayakers
The city of Venice has a rich tradition of water sports, and we invite you to explore it by participating in them. With our sports skills and cultural knowledge, we engage our guests in city exploration from another perspective — cultural and sports-oriented. You will participate in group kayaking basic training outside of the city, meet locals, and visit a historic rowing club. Participating in this experience will help you discover more about the city's history and traditions.
What is the program of the class?
Visit to the rowing club;
Training on the water.
How many kilometers will we paddle?
We will do 5 kilometers.
NB: Paddling is a sport and requires skills, experience in water sports or other sports. Make sure you meet the requirements and have a paddling experience.
Instructor and guide
Kayaks and paddles
1. A trainee will be asked to sign a waiver and release of liability.
2. The class can be rescheduled by the instructor in case of bad weather conditions and changes in the club’s work schedule the project is based in. A trainee will be contacted to arrange a rescheduling. The instructor has the right to cancel the class without refund if a trainee does not meet the requirements or arrives drunk or drugged.
3. Physical exertion is required on kayak classes. Your paddling skills should be basic. You should be in suitable physical condition (each paddler must be: less than 120 kg for men, and less than 100 kg for women; and be able to enter kayak cabin size 80 cm long and 40 cm wide). People with serious disabilities and pregnant women after the third month will not be accepted.
4. During the class, we often encounter waves of one foot (30 - 40 cm) as well as other boat traffic.
5. Only one child can participate, but only in one double kayak with their parents or instructors.
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund