My Guide Website?
Venice: Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Private Tour29 Reviews
Skip the long lines to St. Mark’s Basilica and the Doge’s Palace on a private 2.5-hour sightseeing tour of Venice. Admire mosaics and marble in the Byzantine church, learn the history of the Venetian dukes, and revel in the chaos of St. Mark’s Square.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Skip the lines to St. Mark's Basilica and the Doge's Palace
- Marvel at gold mosaics, marble inlays, and the gem-encrusted altar of the Pala d'Oro
- Learn how the Dukes of Venice ruled from the Doge's Palace
- Cross the Bridge of Sighs like the prisoners of the Venetian Republic
- Visit the cell where Casanova was incarcerated
- Get panoramic views of Venice from the terrace of Saint Mark's
DescriptionDiscover 2 of the most important buildings in Venice on a private tour of Saint Mark’s Basilica and the Doge’s Palace, skipping the long lines to both to save time and see more. Meet your guide on Saint Mark’s Square for an overview of the monuments from the outside. Take in the lively atmosphere of the street cafés, entertainers, and hundreds of pigeons! Then, go inside Saint Mark’s Basilica for a comprehensive tour of the marble and mosaic décor. Learn the Basilica's history, and discover the biblical symbolism behind the cathedral’s art. Admire the precious stones of the Pala d’Oro, the high altar of Saint Mark’s. Enjoy panoramic views of the city and lagoon from the terrace. Next, discover the seat of political power during the Venetian Republic at the Doge's Palace. Hear how the duke and his council controlled the fate of the 1.000-year Republic as you wander past masterpieces of art in the palace corridors. Relive the anguish of the prisoners that crossed the Bridge of Sighs, and experience the inside of the prison cell that was once home to Giacomo Casanova.
IncludesSkip-the-line entrance to St. Mark's Basilica Skip-the-line entrance to the Doge's Palace Reservation and administration fees
- Until further notice, entrance inside St. Mark’s Basilica is not possible due to ongoing restoration work. Tours will visit the basilica's Terrace and its Museum instead. Dress code: Cover knees and shoulders (only necessary for Saint Mark's Basilica).