My Guide Website?
Venice: Giorgio Cini Foundation and Vatican Chapels Visit95 Reviews
Admire architectural wonders and Venice's artistic heritage during this video-guided tour of the Giorgio Cini Foundation. See the Vatican Chapels and the island's "Wood." Adventure outside the typical tourist locales.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Relax with priority access and discover all the magic of this place rich in history and culture
- Discover this hidden treasure of Venice with a multimedia guide
- Enjoy the courtyards of Palladio and Buora, the majestic structures of Longhena and the libraries rich in precious collections
- Admire the Foundation’s “Wood” and the Vatican Chapels, presented to the public during the 16th International Venice Biennale
DescriptionEscape the crowds of central Venice and explore the island of San Giorgio Maggiore, 'the pearl of Venice.' It is a perfect, quiet area to enjoy the beauty of Venice and to immerse yourself in history. With this 1-hour tour, you will admire the most important places in the monumental complex of Giorgio Cini Foundation and discover exceptional art heritage, outside the usual tourist areas. Just a few minutes by bus-boat from Piazza San Marco you will experience the fascinating atmosphere of the complex as you listen to your video-guide (included in the admission cost and available in Italian, English, French, German and Spanish). Your small tour group (25 people maximum) will be escorted through the areas of the complex by a multi-lingual staff member. During your visit, you will be able to admire the main places in the complex, including: • Cloister of Palladio, completed after Andrea Palladio’s death in the 17th century • Cloister of the Buora family, an example of early Renaissance architecture designed by Giovanni and Andrea Buora • Palladian cenacle, an ancient Benedictine refectory where Paolo Veronese painted the Wedding in Cana, the original artwork is now on display in the Louvre • Longhena's Grand Staircase, completed in 1671 to provide access to the library and abbots’ apartments the staircase is positioned between two cloisters and furnished with magnificent wooden bookcases by Franz Pauc • Nuova Manica Lunga, the old dormitory of the Benedictine fathers, transformed into a stupendous, light-filled library After the tour of the Giorgio Cini Foundation, your audio guide experience will continue of a tour of the 'wood' of the island. See the 10 Vatican Chapels, which were designed by 10 internationally-reknowned architects. Hear an introduciton from H. Em. Gianfranco Ravasi. Admire the drawings and models of the 'chapel in the wood' by Asplund. Learn about the 10 chapels and the architects who designed them.
IncludesAudio-guide Tour leader Entrance to the monumental complex of the Giorgio Cini Foundation Entrance to the Foundation’s “Wood” including the Vatican Chapels Booking fee
- Some areas of the complex may be closed during activities, concerts or other events • You will be asked to book for a specific time slot to ensure availability
- Customers entitled to tickets with a discount must certify their condition to access the monument. The ticket will not be valid otherwise
- A valid ID document is required in order to collect the video-guide
- Until November 24, 2019 the complex will be open from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM every day .
- From November 25, 2019, to March 20, 2020, the complex will be open from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM every day except Wednesday.
- From March 21, 2020, to November 24, 2020, the complex is open from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM daily.