My Guide Website?
Venice: Highlights Tour, St. Mark's Basilica & Doge's Palace1858 Reviews
See Venice's major highlights with a guide. Visit the Basilica of St. Mark and the Doge’s Palace with pre-reserved tickets.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Choose a small group or private tour for a more personalized experience
- Enjoy pre-reserved tickets to make the most of your valuable time
- Join a 3-hour tour in Venice to see the Doge's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica
- Explore Venice and get insider knowledge on major monuments with a local guide
- Leave your tour and guide with enough knowledge to be independent in Venice
DescriptionExperience the best of Venice on a small group guided tour that visits two of the city's most iconic landmarks, the Basilica of St. Mark and the Doge's Palace. Skip the long queues with pre-reserved tickets included and enjoy the splendor of these Venetian treasures at your own pace. Start your tour at St. Mark's Square. Admire the Clock Tower and Marble Lions before entering the Basilica with your guide. Marvel at the golden mosaics and opulent design, and learn how it is a symbol of Venetian power and wealth. Next, explore the Doge's Palace, a Gothic masterpiece that was once the seat of the Venetian government. Learn about the life of the ruling Venetian Doges and the 14th-century sculptors who worked on the palace. Enjoy stunning views across the lagoon as you stroll through this world-famous landmark. Learn about the extraordinary story of Casanova and the significance of the Bridge of Sighs, as well as the Old and New Prisons. Once your tour concludes, continue your exploration of Venetian history and culture with your included entry to the Correr Museum, National Archeological Museum, and Biblioteca Marciana.
IncludesSmall group or private tour for 3 hours for a personalized experience Pre-reserved tickets for the Doge's Palace Pre-reserved tickets for the Basilica of St. Mark Professional guide for local expertise Entry to the Correr Museum, National Archeological Museum, and Biblioteca Marciana
- Acqua Alta (high tide) in Venice can cause delays in entering the Basilica
- The Basilica and Doge's Palace can be subject to unforeseen closures due to liturgical celebrations. In the event of these changes or closure your guides will give explanations from outside
- The Basilica is a holy place, both men and women must wear clothing that covers the belly, shoulders, and knees
- Religious authorities may decide to suspend skip-the-line priority because of the high number of visitors. We are only allowed to stay inside the Basilica for 20 minutes
- In case of denied access during the tour you will be provided with entry tickets to visit the Basilica on your own at the assigned time
- If you take the 2:00 PM tour, the Correr Museum will be closed before your tour finishes. Therefore, you will have to use Correr tickets the next day
- Please note that carrying any type of weapon or sharp objects, such as a knife, is not allowed for this tour