My Guide Website?
Venice: Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana Entry Ticket205 Reviews
Explore the temporary exhibitions of contemporary art at Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana in Venice with this combined entry ticket. Enjoy both the artwork and architecture of these unique places.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Marvel at the unique architecture of both Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana
- Get access to two of Venice's most prestigious contemporary art spaces
- Discover artworks from one of the most important contemporary art collections
DescriptionAdmire the works of the Pinault Collection in the current exhibitions at Palazzo Grassi and Punta della Dogana with this combined entry ticket. Discover the 'CHRONORAMA. Photographic Treasures of the 20th Century' exhibit at Palazzo Grassi and the 'Icônes' exhibition at Punta della Dogana. The exhibition 'CHRONORAMA. Photographic Treasures of the 20th Century' brings together over four hundred works that bring the twentieth century to life through the events, social phenomena, and illustrious figures that marked it. Spanning from the 1910s to the early 1980s, this selection presents the work of more than one hundred and fifty international artists including Edward Steichen, Berenice Abbott, Cecil Beaton, Lee Miller, André Kertész, Horst P. Horst, Diane Arbus, Irving Penn, and Helmut Newton, among others, as well as the illustrators Eduardo Garcia Benito, Helen Dryden, and George Wolfe Plank. Between figuration and abstraction, the exhibition 'Icônes' at Punta della Dogana invokes all the dimensions of the image in the artistic context—paintings, videos, sounds, installations, performances—through a selection of emblematic works from the Pinault Collection, and new dialogues between artists who are particularly important for the Collection (David Hammons/Agnes Martin; Danh Vo/Rudolf Stingel; Sherrie Levine/On Kawara...). Uncover the beauty of the interior of Palazzo Grassi, an 18th-century building that was the last palace to be built on the Grand Canal before the fall of the Venetian Republic. It was bought by art collector François Pinault and renovated by the Japanese architect Tadao Ando. Marvel at Punta della Dogana, the former sea customs house of Venice that was converted to a contemporary art space. Have access to the rooftop of the building and gaze out over a sweeping view of the Venice Lagoon and the last part of the Grand Canal. Enjoy these sites which host some of the world's most important temporary contemporary art exhibitions. Get access to both locations and feel free to start your visit to either one of the two locations.
IncludesPalazzo Grassi ticket for the duration of the temporary exhibition (until January 7th, 2024) Punta della Dogana ticket for the duration of the temporary exhibition (until November 26th, 2023)
- •You can start your visit at either Palazzo Grassi or Punta della Dogana and then visit the other attraction at any time in the future (during the temporary exhibitions) •These locations are open every day from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm, except on Tuesdays and on the 25th of December •Last admission is at 6:00 pm •Opening days and times are subject to change depending on special events
- After the temporary exhibition ending November 26, Punta della Dogana will reopen in 2024