My Guide Website?
Venice: Saint Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace Private Tour73 Reviews
Skip the long lines to 2 of the most important buildings in Venice on a 2-hour guided tour. Marvel at the golden interior of St. Mark’s Basilica, and see awe-inspiring mosaics. Explore the corridors of the Doges’ Palace, and walk over the Bridge of Sighs.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Skip the long lines to St. Mark's Basilica and the Doges' Palace
- Walk over the Bridge of Sighs
- See masterpieces by Tintoretto, Titian, and Veronese
- Go to the prison cell where Casanova was imprisoned until his escape
- Marvel at the work of the Venetian goldsmiths
DescriptionTravel back to the days of the Venetian Empire on a walking tour of 2 of the most important buildings in Venice. Go inside St. Mark's Basilica and the Doges’ Palace and admire their opulent interiors. First, skip the long lines to St. Mark’s Basilica, which enshrines the city’s history and the relics of saints. See stunning mosaics and gold work. Your guide will tell you the history of the cathedral and how it was built. Admire the masterpieces by Venetian goldsmiths. Next, skip the lines to the neighboring Doges’ Palace, the ducal seat of power during the Venetian Republic. Admire its Byzantine architecture, passing through decorative chambers to see paintings by Tintoretto, Titian, and Veronese, to name a few. Continue down a very small passageway to cross the Bridge of Sighs from the inside, and descend into the prison cells where Casanova was incarcerated until his legendary escape.
IncludesOpportunity to visit all the Saint Mark's Square museums with the same ticket (Museo Correr, Biblioteca Marciana, and Museo Archeologico) Skip-the-line entrance fees Private guide for 2 hours Tour in English, Italian, French, German, or Spanish
- Please note that shoulders and knees must be covered when entering Saint Mark's Basilica
- Rucksacks are not allowed into Saint Mark's Basilica
- This tour is not recommended for people with walking difficulties. You must be able to walk up the stairs inside the Doges Palace and cross a bridge
- Please note, on rare occasions, Saint Mark's Basilica may be closed without warning. On these days, the Basilica and the Square will be done externally only and the Doge's Palace will be 1.5 hours; total length of tour (Basilica + Doge's Palace) 2 hours
- Children 5 years old or younger enter for free.