My Guide Website?
Venice San Marco Tour, Skip-the-line St. Mark's Bell Tower
Feel the beating heart of Venice at St. Mark's Square and discover the secrets of the famous St. Mark's Basilica. Enjoy the view of the Old Town and the Venetian Lagoon from the Bell Tower.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore Piazza San Marco with a 5-Star Local Guide
- See the magnificent Basilica of St. Mark (exterior only)
- Enjoy the view from St. Mark's Bell Tower with skip-the-line tickets
- Immerse yourself in Venetian history and legends
- Discover the treasures of the Doge's Palace with skip-the-line tickets (4H only)
DescriptionPiazza San Marco is the principal public square of Venice, featuring some of its most important landmarks. On this private tour you will discover the must-know facts and the best-kept secrets of the world-famous St. Mark’s Basilica and other highlights of Venice’s Old Town. Hear the legends about St. Mark, St. Theodore, the Mask Carnival, and more! Choose the 2-hour option to explore St. Mark’s Square with a 5-Star Local Guide. Wander through the crowded square which boasts the most beautiful Venetian Gothic architecture and an awe-inspiring view of the Grand Canal and the San Giorgio Maggiore island with its magnificent Basilica. Napoleon once described Piazza San Marco as the “drawing room of Europe”, and after so many years, this world heritage site is still one of the most visited places in all of Italy. Immerse yourself in the history of Venice as you admire the majestic facade of the Doge’s Palace and find out how Casanova, the famous lover, escaped the palace prison. Take a closer look at the stunning mosaics, statues and Byzantine features of St. Mark’s Basilica from the outside, and learn about the race to save this majestic cathedral from flooding during the Acqua Alta (“high water”). See also the beautiful Procuratie Vecchie, Museo Correr, the unique Astrological Clock of Torre dell'Orologio, and more. The main highlight will be visiting the viewing terrace of St. Mark’s Bell Tower, which offers the best views over the Old Town and the Venetian Lagoon. Skip-the-line tickets are included so you can beat the crowds and not waste time in long lines. Choose the 4-hour option to see highlights of St. Mark’s Square and visit the majestic Doge’s Palace! This option includes skip-the-line tickets to 2 attractions, St. Mark’s Bell Tower and the Doge’s Palace. This is your chance to discover the treasures hidden inside the luxurious apartments of the Doges of Venice, admire the view from the Bridge of Sighs, and find out how easy it was to be arrested and locked in the palace prison. It’s a must-see in Venice!
IncludesPrivate Walking Tour of St. Mark's Square with St. Mark's Bell Tower and the Doge's Palace (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice Skip-the-line tickets to St. Mark's Bell Tower Skip-the-line tickets to the Doge's Palace (4-hour tour only) Personalized experience with tips on the local restaurants, cafes and other points of interests
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information. Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Skip-the-line tickets to St. Mark's Campanile (Bell Tower) include on-time entry and lift access to the viewing terrace. Tickets to St. Mark’s Basilica are not included in this tour. In the event of adverse weather conditions (fog, strong wind, intense cold), the Bell Tower will be closed. Skip-the-line tickets to the Doge's Palace allow you to bypass long queues and save time as you will have a pre-booked time slot for entry. You may have to wait in line for ticket validation and security checks with those in your time slot. Headsets will be provided for groups larger than 10 inside the palace Due to tourist regulations, 1 licensed guide can lead a group of 1-20 people. We will arrange additional guides for larger groups.