My Guide Website?
Venice: Small Group Walking Tour and Gondola Ride48 Reviews
Learn the history of Venice and explore the city's highlights on a walking tour. Skip the lines at St. Mark’s Basilica and enjoy a gondola ride down some of the enchanting canals in the city center.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Learn the architectural secrets and history of the Rialto Bridge
- Row down the hidden canals of Venice in a gondola
- See the Rialto Market and learn about Venetian cuisine
- Discover the house where Marco Polo lived
- Explore inside St. Mark’s Basilica with skip-the-line privileges
DescriptionDiscover the magic of Venice on foot and by water on a combined walking tour and gondola ride. Explore the city center with a local guide, marvel at the inside of St. Mark’s Basilica, and then take a ride down the canals on the city’s famous mode of transport. Meet near the Rialto Bridge and learn why it was initially considered a very bad idea to build it. Take a quick look at the Rialto Fish Market to learn about the long fishing history of the city and its famous cuisine. Get a couple of restaurant recommendations from your local guide! Continue to the sestiere (district) of Cannaregio, home to some of the city’s hidden gems. Discover the house where Marco Polo once lived, and go to the unique Church of Santa Maria dei Miracoli. See a remarkable statue by Verocchio on the Campo San Giovanni and Paolo, where you will also see a variety of typical Venetian architectural styles. Meander through hidden alleyways, and hear tales of the city’s past. Learn what it is like to live on the island today as you walk to St. Mark’s Square. Look inside St. Mark’s Basilica for a better understanding of how Venice built a mercantile empire that once spanned the entire Mediterranean. Gaze at exquisite mosaics and other treasures inside and hear how the city begged, borrowed and stole to grow from a tiny island to one of the biggest powers in the medieval world. Your guide will then leave you to enjoy a 30-minute (approximately) gondola ride with a professional gondolier. Limited to only 5 people per gondola, this experience will be both intimate and relaxing. Punt through the quieter canals of Venice as you relax and enjoy the city at its best!
IncludesLocal guide Walking tour St. Mark's Basilica skip-the-line entry ticket Gondola ride Headset
- Participants should be able to walk at a moderate pace without difficulty Sites visited on this tour occasionally close due to holy days, high tides, or flooding. If time permits, you will be notified prior to your tour. For last-minute closures, modifications may be communicated at the tour start time. If a site closes, you will tour the exterior of the site instead During times of high tides, flooding, or heavy rain, the gondola ride may be substituted for another experience The Rialto Fish Market is closed on Sundays Due to the religious nature of Saint Mark's Basilica, you must cover your shoulders and knees, or you may be denied entry