My Guide Website?
Venice: St Mark’s Basilica and Doge’s Palace Private Tour30 Reviews
Experience the grandeur and history of Venice on this private tour of St. Mark’s Basilica and the Doge’s Palace. Skip the long lines at both attractions with priority access, so you don't waste a minute of precious vacation time.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Skip the long lines with priority access
- Learn the significance behind the golden mosaics and altars of St. Mark's Basilica
- Explore the private apartments, government chambers, and prison of the Doge's Palace
- Explore two of Venice's most famous attractions with an art historian guide
DescriptionTake your pick of different daily tour times to suit your sightseeing schedule. Meet your private guide at St. Mark's Square in the heart of the city. Learn about the history and significance of Venice’s grand public piazza, which is home to some of the city's most iconic and important monuments. Make your way to the opulent, Italo-Byzantine exterior of St. Mark’s Basilica, and bypass the long entrance lines with priority access. Marvel at the cathedral’s intricate, gold-plated mosaics and glittering altars while your guide shares the history and symbolism of their religious motifs. Continue on to the nearby Doge’s Palace (Palazzo Ducale), once again skipping the line (entrance ticket not included). Hear stories and scandals about the powerful doges who once ruled over the Venetian Republic as you make your way through former government chambers and private apartments. Admire rich historic furnishings and paintings by Italian masters like Tintoretto, Titian, and Veronese, and then experience the palace’s darker side as you cross the notorious Bridge of Sighs into the prison complex. After emerging back into the daylight, you can continue exploring St. Mark's Square on your own or return to your original departure point with your guide.
IncludesProfessional art historian guide Private tour Entry ticket to Basilica di San Marco Entry ticket to the Doge's palace
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk being refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Children under 18 years old must provide valid ID to have reduced price to museums
- Pictures inside St Mark’s Basilica are not allowed and in the Doge’s Palace they are only allowed if flash is off
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the museums or churches