My Guide Website?
Venice: St. Mark’s Basilica and Gondola Combo Tour67 Reviews
Discover Venice from 2 perspectives on a combined gondola ride and tour of St. Mark’s Basilica. Experience Venice from the water, gliding past sights such as La Fenice. Then, explore its majestic Byzantine cathedral on St. Mark’s Square.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Glide by gondola along the picturesque side canals off the Grand Canal
- Skip the long lines to look inside St. Mark's Basilica
- Discover the fine craftmanship of the Pala d’Oro
- Look at the reflections of romantic bridges and old palaces in the Venetian canals
DescriptionExperience Venice from the land and water on a combined tour of 2 of its best attractions, and see the reflections of sunlight on the canals before discovering the golden interior of St. Mark’s Basilica. First, take a gondola ride along the enchanting canals. Depart near the Royal Gardens of St. Mark’s, just steps from Piazza San Marco. Sit back as the gondolier takes you to hidden sites, punting the picturesque canals around La Fenice theater and the Grand Canal. Look at the reflections of old palaces and romantic bridges. Admire some of the city’s most important buildings en route to St. Mark’s Square. Then, skip the long lines to look inside St. Mark’s Basilica, and learn the history of the Byzantine cathedral and its precious interior. Discover why it is known as the “Basilica of Gold” as you admire golden mosaics and masterpieces from the Venetian Republic.
IncludesGondola ride Skip-the-line entrance ticket, and guided tour of St. Mark’s Basilica
- From November 1 to March 31 the Basilica guided tour is bilingual
- From April 1 to October 31: English, Spanish, French and German tours run from Monday to Saturday, and Italian tours run on Saturdays
- From November 1 to March 31: English tours are Monday-Saturday, Spanish tours are on Wednesdays and Saturdays, French tours are on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, and German tours are on Mondays and Fridays
- In cases of religious ceremonies, exceptionally high tides or other special occasions, access to St Mark's Basilica may not be permitted
- To visit St Mark's Basilica it is necessary to dress appropriately (no shorts or vest or tops) and backpacks are not allowed
- Wheelchair users may not be able to access the whole tour
- A gondola can host up to 5 people. If your reservation includes more than 5 people, your group will be divided into smaller groups
- This tour combines two different and non-consecutive activities. The gondola ride may take place in the afternoon.