My Guide Website?
Venice: St. Mark's Basilica Guided Visit & Terrace Access608 Reviews
Admire St Mark's Basilica's golden mosaics and observe the original 4 bronze horses exhibited in the museum up close.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Admire St Mark’s Basilica from several unusual perspectives
- Gain rare access to the upper floor and the panoramic terrace over St Mark’s Square
- Observe the precious St Mark’s Basilica mosaics up close
- Marvel at the sight of the 4 majestic original bronze horses
DescriptionSee the highlights of St Mark's Basilica with a local guide, including its museum, mosaics, and masterpieces. Marvel at the views of St Mark's Square from the basilica. Meet your guide near the famous Piazza San Marco and head straight to visit St Mark’s Basilica. As soon as you enter the atrium, admire the ceiling and see a glittering expanse of golden mosaics that will lead you to the interior of the church. Discover masterpieces from the past such as the famous golden domes, the iconostasis, the ciborium, the main altar housing the tomb of St. Mark the Evangelist, and other wonders. Then, climb a steep but fascinating staircase to the 1st floor which houses the Museum of St Mark. Here, see the wonderful inside of St Mark's Basilica from above. Next, reach the St Mark’s Basilica terrace where, in the shadow of the famous 4 bronze horse statue (a copy), experience one of the most beautiful views of St Mark’s Square. Finally, visit the original horse statue that once stood on the upper part of the church facade. At the end of the tour you can stay longer in St Mark’s Basilica Museum to explore at your leisure – the entrance ticket is included in the tour. Alternatively, admire the splendid panorama of the Piazza from the Basilica’s terrace once more or return to the ground floor to explore at your own pace.
IncludesGuided tour Access to St Mark’s Basilica Access to the Museum of St Mark’s Basilica Access to the outdoor terrace
- No refund can be granted if you don’t show up at the time and the meeting point specified on the voucher
- People with walking difficulties and wheelchair users may not be able to access the whole tour
- Shorts, sleeveless dresses, low-cut clothes are not allowed
- Suitcases, backpacks or bulky bags are not allowed for safety reasons