My Guide Website?
Venice: St. Mark's Basilica Tour with Optional Terraces87 Reviews
Discover the divine at the Basilica of St. Mark's in Venice. Enjoy a guided tour with skip-the-line tickets. Explore the interiors and choose to visit the famous outdoor terraces with amazing views.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Venice: Dolomites, Lake Misurina, and Cortina Day Trip
- Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride Combo
- Venice: Venetian Aperitif on the Lagoon
- Venice: 4-Hour City Tour with Doge's Palace & Basilica Visit
- From Rovinj: Venice Boat Trip with Day or One-Way Option
- Marvel at the beauty of St. Mark's Basilica and the many treasures found within
- Enjoy skip-the-line tickets to the basilica, its outer terraces, and museum
- Explore the intricate architectural details of the interiors with your guide
- Choose terrace access to see the famous horses and have free time at the museum
- Make the most of your time in Venice with a guided tour of this famous landmark
DescriptionJourney through the centuries with a tour of the iconic St. Mark's Basilica in Venice. Marvel at the intricate mosaics and architecture that make this church one of the most stunning religious sites in the world. Follow your guide as they walk through the history of this sacred place, from its origins as a simple chapel to its current grandeur. Learn about the basilica's role in the political and religious life of Venice and discover the stories behind its many treasures including the golden altarpiece and the Pala d'Oro. Explore the first floor's intricate details and exquisite beauty, which boasts a unique blend of Byzantine, Gothic, and Renaissance styles. You can choose to end your tour here or... Continue your Exploration with Optional Terrace Access You can choose to include the famous outdoor terraces. Leave your guide with more than enough knowledge to enrich the rest of the tour. If you select this option, climb the steps at your own pace and experience St. Mark's Basilica from a new perspective. Step outside and take in the stunning views of Venice from the basilica's elevated vantage point. See the famous horses and explore the details and hidden corners of the outdoor terraces. Admire the intricate stonework and sculptures up close as you take in the sights and sounds of the city below. Bask in the sunshine and fresh air as your tour ends.
IncludesSkip-the-line tickets for St. Mark's Basilica Skip-the-line tickets for the outdoor Terraces of the Basilica (if option selected) Skip-the-line tickets for the Museum of St. Mark's Small group guided tour Headsets for groups bigger than 6 people Free time to stay in the Basilica of St.Mark's after the tour ended
- Access to the upper part of the Basilica (Museum and Terrace) is steep and, at times, uneven. Choose the option without the terraces if the climb will be challenging.
- This tour has two parts, you can only climb the terraces if you choose the correct option
- St. Mark's Basilica is sometimes closed to visitors at short notice
- As St. Mark’s Basilica is a holy place, people are asked to wear clothing that covers the shoulders and knees. •Backpacks or large bags are not allowed inside St. Mark's Basilica