My Guide Website?
Venice: Stroll The Halls of Doge's Palace on a Guided Tour
Skip-the-Line to explore one of Venice's most recognizable structures. The tour goes through the Doge's Palace's rooms and chambers, where the Venetian administration carried out their delicate work.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Venice: Dolomites, Lake Misurina, and Cortina Day Trip
- Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride Combo
- Venice: Venetian Aperitif on the Lagoon
- Venice: 4-Hour City Tour with Doge's Palace & Basilica Visit
- From Rovinj: Venice Boat Trip with Day or One-Way Option
- Go through the rooms and chambers of the Doge’s palace
- Skip-the-line to Doge’s Palace and Embark on a guided tour with a professional
- Hear interesting facts about Venice's past council & political history
DescriptionEmbark on the escorted group tour that leaves from St. Mark's Campanile. The guide will give you a brief overview of the history of the Venetian dukes, council, and stories about the political powers and controllers, as well as the epic rise and fall as a European trading power, as you make your way towards the Doge's palace's entrance doors. With priority access and the guide, you can bypass the lengthy line and enter the building immediately. Once inside, the tour guide will give you an overview of the palace's features and the background of the Venetian Republic. Numerous artistic masterpieces can be found in the grand rooms, and as you explore the hallways, you'll discover the magnificent golden staircase and learn about how Byzantine and Oriental architectural masterworks collided on the walls. The tour guide will accompany you and point out some of the most well-known pieces of art by Veronese, Tintoretto, and other significant artists for you to admire. Your tour doesn't end there; you'll also have access to the armoury, which has a sizable collection of armour and weapons from various historical periods, and the prisons, where you can see the realistic scenes that the numerous artists who decorated the building crafted. After finding the mysterious but beautiful palace with impressive artwork, you'll find the legendary Bridge of Sighs, which connects the Doges Palace to the prison. When you finally cross the Bridge of Sighs, you will do so in imitation of the prisoners of the 18th century, who peered out for the last time at the crowds below after crossing the bridge and entering the darkness. Before the tour is over, the guide will share tales of the Venice Republic's council, political history, institutional bodies assigned to government, and justice.
IncludesOfficial certified guide Radio system to hear the guide Skip the Line access to the Doge's Palace Tickets and Reservations to Doge's Palace
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes as there is a moderate amount of walking involved
- Due to recent safety concerns, some lines to enter the Doge's Palace may occur even for skip-the-line ticket holders
- The tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide or in case of religious functions (in these cases it can be rearranged or refunded)
- For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside the Palace
- Please note that the tour requires a minimum number of guests to run
- Please note that if you arrive after the tour start time you will not be able to join and will not be refunded or have your tour rescheduled
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements, in the event of this occurring you will be offered an alternative or full refund