My Guide Website?
Venice Walking Tour and Doge's Palace Guided Visit22 Reviews
Experience a walk through the center of Venice and a guided tour of the Doge’s Palace. See some of the city’s top sights and pass through the gates of Venetian history as you enter the Doge’s Palace.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See some of the most iconic sights of Venice on a guided walk
- Visit the Mercerie and admire the historic buildings along St. Mark’s Square
- Take a guided tour of the Doge’s Palace, and learn about the history of Venice
DescriptionMeet your guide and head out on an interesting stroll to see some of the most distinctive sights of Venice and later to the Doge's Palace, to learn about the history of the Venice Republic. On this 3-hour program walk to Santa Maria Formosa and admire the splendid church and the nearby square and also Campo Santi Giovanni and Paolo. Your guide will then take you to places where history and myths are entwined, such as the site of Marco Polo’s house and the exterior of the Malibran Theater, known as the most extravagant theater in all of Venice. As you walk toward St. Mark’s Square, visit the Mercerie, the main shopping street in Venice, where precious goods from faraway markets were once sold. In St. Mark’s Square have an overview of the main monuments and palaces overlooking the square, such as St. Mark’s Basilica, the Bell Tower, the Clock Tower, the Doge’s Palace and the Procuratie. The second part of the itinerary focuses on the Doge’s Palace, a symbol of Venice and for centuries the headquarters of its political power. Inside the Doge's Palace visit the Opera Museum, the stunning Doge’s Apartments, the Institutional Chambers, the Arms Room and the Old Prisons. Finally, you’ll have the opportunity to cross the famous Bridge of Sighs, built in 1614 to join the Doge’s Palace to the New Prisons. Its curious name derives from the last sigh heard from convicts before they were locked up forever.
IncludesAdmission ticket for the Doge’s Palace Guided tour
- No credit or refunds are provided for no-shows
- This is a collective tour, which means there might be other participants on the tour with you
- Due to the particular morphological structure of Venice, we cannot guarantee that the whole tour is accessible to those with limited mobility