My Guide Website?
Amarone Wine Tour & Tasting from Venice, Padua or Verona32 Reviews
Explore the vineyards of the Valpolicella Valley between Lake Garda and Verona, and taste superb Amarone and Recioto wines with an expert sommelier. Enjoy a scenic drive through breathtaking scenery and lunch at a traditional trattoria.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Drive through the scenic Valpolicella Valley, past olive groves and classical villas
- See the historic vineyards as you explore the wine region known to Ancient Greeks as the “Valley of the Many Cellars”
- Stop for a traditional lunch and visit 2 cantinas to tour the vineyards and barricaia (cellars)
- Learn about the winemaking process and techniques of the wine region
- Pair 5 different Valpolicella wines with cheese, selected by your sommelier and cheese tasting guide
DescriptionJoin an Italian Sommelier on this special 8-hour trip to small prestigious vineyards in the Valpolicella Valley. Discover the best Amarone and other quality Valpolicella wines, and sample the local cuisine in a beautiful atmosphere. On this tour, you will drive through a landscape of classical villas, surrounded by vineyards, olive groves, and orchards. Pick-ups are available from Venice, Verona, or Padua, and each tour starts with a visit to a typical cantina, set in a 15th-century building. Drive along tiny roads that wind through the vineyards. Enjoy tastings of Valpolicella’s classic wines - Valpolicella, Ripasso della Valpolicella, Amarone, and Recioto. Each wine will be paired with cheese, selected by the vineyard owner and your guide, who is a sommelier and master cheese taster. Next, take a scenic drive to a typical restaurant, for a light lunch with tradional dishes and wine. After lunch, visit a second cantina, where the grapes for Amarone and Recioto are withered before vinification. After a short visit to the vineyard and winery, taste some more famous wines for a chance to compare the differences and similarities of the two different producers.
IncludesTransportation from Venice, Verona, or Padua by minivan 2 cantina visits and wine tastings in English Light Lunch: traditional lunch at a trattoria in the wine country Personal wine guide
- Lunch menu: An antipasto (plate of Salumi and cheeses) a first course (home made risotto or pasta) Dessert (home made cookies or little cake) Water Wine Coffee Wine Tasting: Valpolicella Classico DOC Valpolicella Superiore DOC Ripasso della Valpolicella DOC Amarone della Valpolicella DOC Recioto della Valpolicella DOC