My Guide Website?
Boat Trip: Glimpse of Murano, Torcello & Burano Islands10990 Reviews
Cruise to the islands of Murano, Torcello, and Burano in the Venetian Lagoon on an approximately 4-hour tour. The most famous of the Venetian islands, they are known throughout the world for their picturesque scenery, handicrafts, and history.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Take a short journey to all 3 islands and spend 45 minutes on each
- Watch master glass blowers at work at a glass factory in Murano
- Enjoy free time in Torcello
- See the chocolate-box painted houses on Burano
DescriptionSpend some time on the most famous Venetian islands, known throughout the world for their picturesque scenery, craft traditions, and unique history. See a glass factory in Murano, visit a lace shop in Burano, and enjoy free time in Torcello. Depart from near Saint Mark’s Square or Santa Lucia Train Station, and take an enjoyable trip across Saint Mark’s Basin. On the boat, a live guide will illustrate the history of the lagoon and the three islands you will visit. Your first stop will be the island of Murano, sometimes referred to as the “Island of the Glass.” Spend 30 minutes visiting one of its famous glass factories and see the glass being manufactured and blown. Enjoy about 15 minutes of free time on Murano before heading to Torcello, the most ancient of the inhabited islands. Continue to Burano, admiring the natural environment and the minor islands spread all around you. Enjoy some free time in Burano, a typical fishing island with colorful contrasts and chocolate-box-painted houses. Look out, too, for much evidence of its renowned lace-making and embroidery industry, and try some of Burano’s notable homemade cakes. Please note that once on the ground, this is not a guided tour. The guide will escort you to the glass factory in Murano and the lace shop in Burano. Afterward, you will have time to explore each island on your own.
IncludesBoat transportation throughout Visit to Murano Visit to Burano Visit to Torcello Free time to explore all the islands Entrance to glass factory Visit to lace shop Multilingual live commentary onboard the boat
- The onboard commentary is delivered in English, Italian, Spanish, French, and German Please note that once on the ground, this is not a guided tour. The guide will escort you to the glass factory in Murano and the lace shop in Burano. Afterwards, you will have time to explore each island on your own Opening hours of the ticket offices can be subject to change due to COVID-19. As such, please exchange your vouchers at the point of departure until normal operation resumes You will have approximately 45 minutes on each island Please bring a packed lunch if you prefer to enjoy more time exploring the island