My Guide Website?
From Venice: Cortina and Dolomites Mountains Day Trip320 Reviews
Head for the mountains on to explore the Dolomites and the charming town of Cortina. Depart Venice on a full-day trip and marvel at fabulous mountain scenery, serene lakes, and enchanting mountain villages.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Drive through stunning mountain scenery
- Spend the day in the fresh mountain air of the Dolomites
- Go to the peaks of Faloria for panoramic vistas
- Stroll around Lake Misurina
- Pass through enchanting mountain villages
DescriptionEscape the crowds of Venice and take a day trip to the Dolomites, with stops at lake Santa Croce, Pieve di Cadore, Cortina, lake Auronzo, lake Misurina and Cortina. See fabulous scenery and get plenty of opportunities to take epic photographs. Pass through tunnels with astonishing views of canyons and valleys, which appear as if from nowhere. The scenery in this region is quite simply some of the most breathtaking in Europe. First stop at lake Santa Croce to admire the peaks of the Dolomites reflected in the crystalline waters and then at Pieve di Cadore for a short walk and maybe a cappuccino. We drive to the picturesque lake Auronzo, passing through enchanting mountain villages. Continue your trip towards lake Misurina, here you will have the chance to stroll around the lake with an optional lunch break and admire the mountain peaks of the Tre Cime di Lavaredo and spectacular backdrop of Sorapis and Marmole. Otherwise take the panoramic chairlift to reach “Col del Varda” at 2106 meters (tickets not included, to pay on spot) and breathe the fresh mountain air, it will reward you with yet more unforgettable views of the Dolomites. After lunch (not included), we will finally arrive at the last stop: Cortina d'Ampezzo, nicknamed the “Pearl of the Dolomites,” you will have approximately 30 minutes free time to stroll around the town, and take in the picturesque views of the mountains. Cortina d’Ampezzo will host the 2026 Winter Olympics Games, the famous international multi sport event, also know as Milano – Cortina 2026. With eyes full of beauty and cameras full of memories to cherish, we will then catch our car ride back to Venice. Itinerary: Lake Santa Croce (5/10 min) Pieve di Cadore (30 min) Lake Auronzo (15/20 min) Lake Misurina (approx 2 hours) - Lunch break Cortina d’Ampezzo (30 min)
IncludesDriver Transport by air-conditioned minivan Transfer from Venice with return Photo stops Free time
- No child price reduction because they occupy their own seat in the minivan
- Infant seats are available on request, please specify at time of booking
- Maximum group size is 8 people per minivan
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable shoes recommended
- Cable car Faloria is closed from September to the end of June
- We cannot be held responsible for road closures, traffic delays and transport strikes