My Guide Website?
Venice: 4-Hour City Tour with Doge's Palace & Basilica Visit33 Reviews
A combined 4-hour walking city tour that allows you to discover the most important historical places and buildings of Venice. Begin with Santa Maria Formosa Square and move on to St. Mark's Square, eventually touring St. Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Take a 4-hour city guide to see the highlights of Venice
- Learn about your surroundings from your local guide
- Explore Saint Mark's Square and the residential Castello area
- Marvel at the Doge's Palace and Saint Mark's Basilica
- Cross the famous Bridge of Sighs and reach the prison cell of Giacomo Casanova
DescriptionAfter leaving your centrally located meeting point, you will be guided into the residential Castello area, allowing you to discover this part of Venice in all of its elegance. You can expect to see the Santa Maria Formosa Square, one of the largest squares in Venice complete with its church named after its visitation of the Holy Virgin. You will also experience the Saints Giovanni and Paolo Square where you will be able to admire the famous church, the resting place of several Doges, and the equestrian monument of Bartolomeo Colleoni, an Italian mercenary captain. You can also explore the former residence of Marco Polo, probably the most famous Venetian merchant. On your return to Saint Mark’s Square, you will be accompanied inside the Doge’s Palace where you will visit the halls where the Duke (Doge) and his council controlled the fate of the Serene Republic. You will be surrounded by hundreds of artistic masterpieces and discover the political history of Venice and its people. You will be able to admire famous paintings by some of the most important artists of the Italian Renaissance, including the world's largest oil painting by Tintoretto. Passing through the famous Bridge of Sighs, you will reach the new prisons. Finally you will visit the interior of St. Mark’s Basilica, once the private chapel of the Doge of Venice, and the only one of its kind in Italy. You will be able to sit down in the church and absorb the atmosphere, whilst listening to your guide who will describe the biblical scenes represented throughout the building. This is the only tour with special authorization to be seated in the central nave inside the Basilica. Your 4-hour combined tour will then conclude outside the Basilica in Saint Mark's Square. At the end of the tour have the opportunity to visit the Correr Museum with the same ticket.
IncludesGuided walking city tour of the areas of Saint Mark's Square and Castello Guided tour of the Doge's Palace and Saint Mark's Basilica Admission fees and skip the line entrance to the Doge’s Palace and Saint Mark’s Basilica Personal audio system and headset for tour commentary Live tour commentary provided in English, French, German, Spanish, or Italian Opportunity to visit the Correr Museum with the same ticket (on your own)
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to your booked tour start time
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
- Shoulders and knees must be covered inside the Basilica
- Backpacks are not allowed inside the Basilica and the Doge's Palace
- This tour operates in all weather conditions
- From the 1st of November to the 31st of March, there is no skip-the-line entrance to the Basilica
- Tour may be affected in the event of high tides
- Children are free until 5 years, from 6 you must pay the full ticket (document required) At the end of the tour, you can keep your Doge's Palace ticket to visit: Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale, and the Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana in Saint Mark's Square