My Guide Website?
Venice: Byzantine Tour and Skip-the-Line St Mark's Basilica7 Reviews
For a Byzantine experience, join this walking tour of St Mark's square and the Castello area. Conclude with a visit to the Golden Basilica discovering the byzantine history and the glittering mosaics.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a combined walking tour of St. Mark’s Square, the Castello area and St. Mark's Basilica
- Visit Saint Mark's Basilica first floor museum and see the famous horses
- Walk through a labyrinth of narrow alleys, many bridges, winding canals and wide picturesque squares
DescriptionDiscover the most important historical places and buildings of Venice on this combined tour. This tour is guided and divided into 2 parts. Your tour starts with a historical introduction of St. Marks’s Square and its architectural delights, allowing you to discover the history of the majestic St. Mark’s Basilica, the illustrious Doge’s Palace, once the seat of the power for the Republic of Venice, and the extraordinary, Renaissance clock tower. Leaving the square, head to the residential Castello area and explore this part of Venice in all of its elegance, through its labyrinth of narrow alleys known as calli, many bridges, winding canals and wide picturesque squares called campi. Expect to see the campo Santa Maria Formosa, one of the largest squares in Venice with its church named after its visitation of the Holy Virgin. Visit campo San Giovanni and Paolo, the equestrian monument of Bartolomeo Colleoni, the former residence of Marco Polo, and the Malibran theatre. After returning to Saint Mark's Square, an official guide will provide you with a detailed tour of the Golden Basilica. During the tour, you will be able to absorb the atmosphere whilst listening to your guide who will describe the biblical scenes represented throughout the building, together with the history and particularities of this ancient basilica. Visit Saint Mark's Basilica first floor museum and see the famous horses Afterward, have the chance to add a classic gondola ride in the afternoon (if option selected).
IncludesA guided walking tour covering the areas of St. Mark's Square and Castello Guided tour of St. Mark's Basilica Skip-the-line admission tickets to St. Mark's Basilica Live tour commentary in English, French, German or Spanish Shared gondola ride, if the option is selected Personal audio system and headset for tour commentary
- Check-in will be 15 minutes prior to booked tour start time
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible
- Shoulders and knees must be covered inside the basilica
- Backpacks are not allowed inside the basilica
- This tour operates rain or shine
- Tour maybe affected in the case of high tides
- For all late arrivals or no show, no refund