My Guide Website?
Venice: Legends, Anecdotes and Ghost Stories Walking Tour83 Reviews
Discover Venice's darker history on a ghosts and legends walking tour of the city. Feel spooked on the Rialto Bridge, the Bovolo staircase, and many enchanting and secret alleys and passageways.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a delightful stroll through the dimly-lit alleyways of the Hidden Venice
- Listen to Venice Legends, Anecdotes and Ghost Stories
- Stroll around Venice your Expert English speaking tour guide
- Take advantage of a maximum 20 participants or fewer per guide
DescriptionThe Venice Ghost Walking Tours feature a delightful sightseeing route through Hidden Venice that provides the perfect stage upon which your guide will introduce you to Ghost Stories. Legends and anecdotes from Venice's Past & Present. Stroll through narrow passageways, cross sleepy canals and abandoned piazzas (campi) to discover that Venice by night is a city of romance and mystery. During the Venice Ghost Walk you'll hear some intriguing ghost stories that will bring a chill to the night air. Throughout these 90-minute Venice Ghost and Legends Walking Tours your knowledgeable and entertaining guides will also entertain you with ghost stories and legends about Venice and the Venetians themselves. Mind your step, as you follow your guide on this Ghost Walking Tour of Venice as you don't want to wake the dead! We'll cross one cemetery hidden beneath the streets and campi of the modern-day city of Venice. And as you navigate the labyrinth of Hidden Venice you'll see numerous architectural gems lost in the backstreets of Venice that include the famous Bovolo staircase. Built by a wealthy Venetian, at a time when Venetians still travelled around the city on horse-back, this elaborate staircase enabled the nobleman to ride his horse up to his private apartments. You'll explore a secret passage-way, one of the few remaining ones left in the city. The lover of a noble Venetian lady used this passageway to gain access to her private apartments without the knowledge of her husband (access subject to water-levels). With stories of rat-infested prison cells that flooded during high tide, and a stroll along the 'Calle dei Assassini' there will be many other surprises along the way. The Tour ends close to the Rialto Bridge.
IncludesProfessional English-speaking guide. Small Group tour with max 20 people or fewer.
- During high water, the tour will take place, but it might happen we have to partly adapt the tour to the weather conditions. This tour is of a historical area and is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities. However, please contact us directly and we will be able to take you on alternative routes suitable for you. Please wear comfortable footwear as this tour involves a lot of walking. The cost of the tour does not include gratuities or hotel pick up and drop off. Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund. Please make sure to check your email prior departure. Tour operates with min 5 participants.