My Guide Website?
Venice: Murano and Burano Half-Day Lagoon Trip1474 Reviews
Discover the most beautiful parts of the Venetian Lagoon from a Gran Turismo speedboat. Watch a glass-blowing demonstration on the island of Murano and explore Burano's sights, learning about local history and culture along the way.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the enchanting islands of Murano and Burano
- Watch master glass blowers at work at a glass factory in Murano
- Learn the history of the oldest inhabited island of Venice
- Explore the lace shops of Burano and take souvenir photos of the painted houses
DescriptionDepart from the railway station on Piazzale Roma and journey to Murano, famous for its glass-blowing industry. Dating back to the Middle Ages, the still-thriving tradition has been passed down over generations and each glass blower has developed their own personal style. Watch a glass-blowing demonstration and learn to recognize the difference between the various artisans and brands during your stay on the island. Then, continue to the island of Burano, known for its crochet work and brightly colored houses. Get picture-perfect views of the landmarks of Burano, such as the leaning bell tower and the main square of Piazza Baldassarre Galuppi, named after a major 18th-century Venetian composer. Look in some of the lace shops during your visit to the island. Then, conclude your travels at the starting point of your tour.
IncludesTour of the Venetian Lagoon Boat transportation between the islands Murano glass-blowing demonstration Multilingual live guide on board
- There is a multilingual live commentary onboard the boat
- Trips are available everyday of the week
- You will have approximately 1 hour in Murano (including 20 minutes at the glass-blowing demonstration) and approximately 1 hour in Burano