My Guide Website?
Venice: Private Cannaregio and Jewish Quarter Tour24 Reviews
Venice has so much more to offer than just Saint Marks Square. Come and discover the amazing architecture and historical delights of Cannaregio and Jewish Quarter.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Venice: Dolomites, Lake Misurina, and Cortina Day Trip
- Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride Combo
- Venice: Venetian Aperitif on the Lagoon
- Venice: 4-Hour City Tour with Doge's Palace & Basilica Visit
- From Rovinj: Venice Boat Trip with Day or One-Way Option
- See the area where the famous artist Tintoretto once lived
- Admire Tintoretto’s masterpieces
- Stroll around the Jewish Ghetto and discover its fascinating history
DescriptionYour local guide will take you to see beautiful palace facades, houses of past Arab merchants, the Campo dei Mori, and beautiful views of the northern lagoon. Cannaregio was once home to one of Venice’s most famous painters, Tintoretto. Enjoy stories of his life and peers and see the place of his burial, the Madonna Dell’Orto Church. The church, often referred to as Tintoretto’s church, holds a spectacular collection of his masterpieces, and is truly a must for all Tintoretto fans. Walking from here, your guide will accompany you to the famous Jewish Ghetto. Dating back to the early 14th century, there is much to discover on this island within an island. In 1516, the Senate approved the proposal that all Jews should be moved to a closed area within the city. By crossing over one of the three bridges to enter this area, you can step back in time and learn about this complicated history. Your guide is an expert on Jewish history and you'll be able to learn how the local community lived throughout the ages and how they live today. Enjoy the kosher shops, restaurants, library and synagogues where services take place today to serve Jewish Venetians. At the conclusion of this walking tour, it will be possible for you to visit the Jewish Museum and synagogues separately, where individual entrance fees are required. After taking this tour, you may also like to consider visiting the old Jewish Cemetry on the Lido of Venice. Goethe, Byron, and Shelly were all fascinated by the melancholy beauty of this cemetery, abandoned in the 18th century.
IncludesExpert guide specializing in Jewish history 2-hour private walking tour of the Cannaregio district, including the Jewish Ghetto
- Check-in is 15 minutes prior to start time.
- This activity is not wheelchair accessible. • The walking tour does not take place on Saturdays. The synagogue and most shops in the area are closed.