My Guide Website?
Venice: St Mark's, Doge's Palace, Murano & Burano Day Tour39 Reviews
Prepare for a day of sightseeing in Venice on a comprehensive day tour. Visit St. Mark's, and Doge's Palace, see glass-blowing on Murano, lace-making on Burano, and take a gondola ride on the canals.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- See it all on a comprehensive day tour of Venice including Murano and Burano
- Save time with skip-the-line entry for St Marks Basilica and the Doges Palace
- Take a classic 30-minute gondola ride to explore Venice from the water
- Enjoy an Italian glass-making demonstration in Murano and lace-making in Burano
- Explore Venice with a local guide on a walking and water taxi tour of the city
DescriptionYou can do it all in Venice in a day on this action-packed tour with a local guide. Get skip-the-line entry to St Mark's Basilica and Doge's Palace, take a gondola ride, explore Murano and Burano, and see lace-making and glass-blowing demonstrations on this comprehensive tour of Venice. Step back in time at St. Mark's Basilica where it’s clear to see how it got its nickname - Church of Gold. Dating back to the 11th century, marvel at this incredible basilica as your guide brings its history to life. There is plenty of time to explore thanks to your skip-the-line entry. Up next is the Doge’s Palace where the rule of law was executed fully. The impressive palace sits next to the basilica and has its own incredible history filled with tyranny and tragedy. The Doges of the past ruled with an iron fist and helped create Venice as the center of trade at its peak. No trip to Venice is complete without an iconic gondola ride. This 30-minute ride might become your most memorable activity in Venice as you sit in a historic old gondola powered by a true Venetian gondolier. They know each canal intimately and will ensure you get some great photos. After free time for lunch, meet your guide to board a private water taxi to the island of Murano. This pre-arranged transportation saves time as you will get to the island in less than half an hour. Murano is famed for its 1,200-year-old history of intricate glassblowing techniques. Visit an authentic glassblowing shop and learn about the tradition that’s been handed down for generations. Many claim to sell Murano glass, but after this trip, you’ll know how to spot authentic Murano glasswork. You’ll have a little free time to explore this little island too. See how many glass sculptures you can find around the city. Next is a trip over to the island of Burano on a fast, private water taxi. Burano is known for those Instagram-beloved, colorful houses that are almost too colorful to be real. It’s a fun little island that’s worth exploring to find the perfect homes and viewpoints for memorable photos. Before free time in Burano, you’ll get to see a lacemaking demonstration by women who have been taught this historic craft for generations. Lacemaking is a lost art in the modern world, so this is a rare opportunity to see an intricately beautiful skill. At the end of your time in Burano, head to your water taxi to return to Venice where you say goodbye to your guide and fellow travelers, having seen the very best of Venice in one day.
IncludesLocal guide St. Mark’s Basilica skip-the-line entry Doge’s Palace skip-the-line entry 30-minute gondola ride Round-trip transportation to Murano/Burano Glass blowing demonstration in Murano Lace making demonstration in Murano
- Skip-the-line access to St Mark's is offered during busier months; from November through March, St. Mark's Basilica does not offer skip-the-line entry to tour groups, since the lines are generally non-existent
- St. Mark's is a sacred place so all participants must cover their knees and shoulders
- There is a security check at the entrance to all sites. Depending on the volume of visitors, there may be a short wait time