My Guide Website?
Padua: Self-Guided Walking Tour of the Historical Center44 Reviews
Walk in the footsteps of some of Italy's most celebrated artists and scientists with this self-guided audio tour of Padua using a smartphone app. Stroll through the Jewish Quarter with GPS playback.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Venice: Dolomites, Lake Misurina, and Cortina Day Trip
- Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride Combo
- Venice: Venetian Aperitif on the Lagoon
- Venice: 4-Hour City Tour with Doge's Palace & Basilica Visit
- From Rovinj: Venice Boat Trip with Day or One-Way Option
- See Torre dell'Orologio, one of the most beautiful clock towers ever built
- Hear from producer Mariacristina Pozza who’s been guiding tours for 25 years
- Do it all in an hour or linger at stops along the way
- Get unlimited use before your booking date and after it
- Use the virtual tour option at home
DescriptionSituated between Venice and Verona, Padua is known as the city of St Anthony. On this walking tour I’ll show you how the city has been able to preserve its artistic and cultural heritage, and why the city is famous for being hospitable. Even when the city was founded in 1222, its prestigious university welcomed students of any religion. And artists and scientists such as Donatello, Giotto, Galileo Galilei and others found a second home here too. The Jews fleeing persecution from Spain, Portugal and northern Europe also settled here, creating one of the most diverse and interesting Italian ghettos, still intact today. Highlights along our walk include: • Prato della Valle, the largest square in Italy • St Anthony Square with Donatello’s statue of Gattamelata • The Tomb of Antenor • Imposing Palazzo della Ragione with its large frescoes depicting an astrological cycle • Local markets • The Arch of the Rope where dishonest traders were punished • Torre dell'Orologio, one of the most beautiful clock towers ever built • The old Jewish ghetto with its small squares, narrow streets and three synagogues • The stumbling stones in the Jewish ghetto • Bo Palace, the seat of University of Padua, the second oldest in Italy, which houses Galileo's original desk Join me in following the paths of these artists and thinkers, and find yourself inspired by Padua’s timeless atmosphere.
IncludesLifetime access to this tour in English Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- You need to install the VoiceMap smartphone app.
- You can download the tour at any time, before or after your booking date. It’s best to download the tour before you set off for the starting point.
- This tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next.
- When the download completes, you’ll see a screen with a photo of the starting point and directions to it. The red start button will become active when you are at the starting point.
- This tour is only available in English.