My Guide Website?
Tastes and Traditions of Venice: Rialto Market Tour1 Reviews
Experience the cicchetti culture of Venice on a small group food tour. Taste different small bites from the region at a selection of venues and marvel at the products on display at Rialto Market.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover the unique gastronomic traditions of Venice.
- Explore the historic Rialto Market with a local guide
- Taste local wines and bites in 7 popular venues
- Learn about Venice’s tapas-like cicchetti
- Try incredible local seafood, risotto, and gelato
DescriptionWhen you know how to tell authentic eateries from tourist traps, Venetian food is a surprising delight. Learn what to eat and where to eat it on this expert-led guided tour. Your tour starts with sandwiches and coffee at a local cafe followed by an introduction to cicchetti, Venice’s signature tapas-like bites. The second stop of the morning is a family-run bar where you’ll enjoy two local favorites paired with a drink. Next, it’s time for an exploration of the famous Rialto fish market. With a local on hand to give you insider information, learn about one of Venice’s oldest industries and spot strange species you may not find at home. From there, it’s time for more food! Pop into a bright, friendly little shop for a street-food style take on Venetian seafood—made with products fresh from the market just steps away. After that, at the nearby Rialto produce market, you’ll extend your knowledge to include the seasonality of vegetables and locally produced specialties. Stop at a fresh fruit stand and taste incredible seasonal delights. Just a quick stroll away from the market, your next stop is another beloved cicchetti bar. You’ll enjoy a panino of your choice here and one of their best-selling spritzes. The fastest way to travel in Venice is by water. You'll hop on a gondola for a short ride to cross the famous Grand Canal with your guide en route to Cannaregio. Formerly the city’s Jewish Ghetto, today it’s where locals go to eat, drink and socialize. After disembarking from the gondola, you’ll make your way to a cozy modern bar to enjoy homemade risotto and a glass of wine. Your tour ends at an innovative gelateria tucked down a hidden side street. Cap off your morning on a delicious note with your choice of one of their creative flavors.
IncludesLocal English-speaking guide Expertly guided walking tour All food & beverage tastings Short gondola ride across the Grand Canal Small group of maximum 12 pax
- This tour utilizes multiple areas that are not wheelchair/stroller accessible. Those with wheelchairs/strollers should contact the local partner so they can arrange your visit
- Those with dietary restrictions need to contact the local partner before joining the tour so they can arrange your food
- Vegans and gluten free options can't be accommodated
- Venetian cuisine is closely connected to the sea. There is a lot of seafood on this tour. Alternatives may be provided for those who refrain from eating seafood but options may be limited
- Soft drinks are available for kids instead of alcohol
- The tour covers different type of cicchetti and lunch