My Guide Website?
Venice: Private Tour with St. Mark's and Gondola Ride1 Reviews
Explore Venice on land and water on a private 2.5-hour sightseeing tour. Discover beautiful squares, romantic bridges and hidden alleys. Skip the long lines to St. Mark’s Basilica, and end with a relaxing 30-minute gondola ride down quiet Venetian canals.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Skip the long lines to Saint Mark's Basilica
- Glide along the canals of Venice by gondola
- Experience the bustling atmosphere of the oldest market in Venice
- Learn how General Bartolomeo Colleoni oversaw the 15th century expansion of Venice
- Admire the gold mosaics and gem encrusted Pala d'Oro in Saint Mark's
- Wander down the maze of alleys that define Venice
- See the 11 bridges of the Campo Santa Maria Formosa
- Get a unique view of Venice from the terraces of Saint Mark's
DescriptionExplore Venice on a relaxing 2.5-hour private tour, and stroll along some of the city’s small alleys and squares before taking a 30-minute gondola ride. See some of the major sights, such as the Rialto Bridge, Doge's Palace, and Piazza San Marco. Meet your guide at the Campo San Giacometto, just a few steps from the Ponte di Rialto and Grand Canal. Admire the oldest church in Venice, built by a carpenter in 421 AC. Experience the bustling streets of the neighborhood shops as locals purchase their fresh vegetables and fish at the old market. Continue to the Rialto Bridge over the Grand Canal. Constructed between 1588 and 1591, the bridge is a superb example of Venetian engineering. Marvel at the beauty of the canals, and take romantic pictures of the breathtaking view. At Campo San Bartolomeo, admire the small Church of San Giovanni Crisostomo with a beautiful altar by the Renaissance artist Giovanni Bellini. See the sculpture of General Bartolomeo Colleoni at the Campo Santi Giovanni e Paolo, and learn about his contributions to the expansion of Venice during the 15th century. Walk through a maze of small alleyways, before heading to one of the city's most fascinating squares; Campo Santa Maria Formosa. This square connects 11 bridges and hosts at least 7 architectural masterpieces, including the Palazzo Querini Stampalia.. A few more steps takes you to the heart of Venice at Saint Mark’s Square. Gaze at the Doge’s Palace from the outside, before skipping the lines to St. Mark’s Basilica. Once inside, you will get a comprehensive tour of a masterpiece of Byzantine art. Savor the beauty of the gold mosaics and marble floor inlays. Admire the precious stones of the Pala d'Oro, and discover the treasures of the Treasury. Enjoy a unique view of the inside of the church, and of Saint Mark’s Square from the terraces of Saint Mark’s Basilica. End with an enchanting gondola ride through centuries of Venetian history. See the elegant canal-side palaces and glide under bridges. Experience the beauty and colors of Venice just as the locals have for more than 1,000 years. Appreciate the skill of the gondolier as they navigate their way through the city’s intricate waterways.
IncludesSkip-the-line entrance to St. Mark's Basilica Entrance fee to St. Mark's Basilica Reservation and administration fees
- Until further notice, entrance inside St. Mark’s Basilica is not possible due to ongoing restoration work. Tours will visit the basilica's Terrace and its Museum instead. Dress code: Cover knees and shoulders (only necessary for Saint Mark's Basilica).