My Guide Website?
Skip-the-Line Guided Tour of Doge's Palace412 Reviews
Enjoy skip-the-line entry to the Doge’s Palace: a symbol of Venice and its history, and a breathtaking architectural masterpiece.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover Venice's most famous building
- Admire priceless works of art
- Hear interesting facts about Venice's past and present
- Explore an architectural masterpiece
DescriptionFor centuries, the Doge's Palace, a majestic architectural masterpiece, greeted the ships coming in from the lagoon. During this tour, discover the heart of Venice and its history with skip-the-line access and personal audio system. The Doge’s Palace is one of the most important symbols of Venice and for centuries represented the seat of Venetian political power. In its grand rooms, the Duke and his Council controlled the fate of the Serenissima surrounded by hundreds of artistic masterpieces. Exploring its powerful hallways, golden staircases and important paintings, you will have the opportunity to go back in time and discover a place where Byzantine and Oriental architecture collide. While inside, admire some of the most famous works by Tintoretto, Veronese and other important artists. Finally, feel the anguish of the prisoners, who after crossing the well-known Bridge of Sighs entered into the darkness of the prisons here, which famously hosted Giacomo Casanova. Learn how the prisoners of the Moste Serene Republic used to live.
IncludesSkip-the-line entrance ticket Live guide Personal audio system
- Due to recent safety concerns, some lines to enter the Doge's Palace may occur even for skip-the-line ticket holders
- Please note that this is a shared tour and during bank holidays or special dates a larger number of participants may be expected
- Please note that no refund will be accepted for no-shows or late arrivals. The tour will take place in the event of rain. In the event of exceptionally high tides, the tour may be canceled and a refund will be provided
- The tour may be multilingual in the winter season, depending on the number of participants