My Guide Website?
Venice: Grand Canal Private Walking Tour & Optional Gondola
Discover the highlights of Venice’s Old Town and Grand Canal, from St. Mark’s Square to San Polo, on a guided walking tour. See St. Mark’s Basilica and Rialto Bridge before enjoying a gondola ride.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Immerse yourself in the rich culture and history of the iconic city of Venice
- Discover the most important attractions and monuments along the Grand Canal
- Enjoy a relaxing 30-minute shared gondola ride on the glittering Grand Canal
- Skip the long lines to explore the historic Doge’s Palace with a private guide
- See the Rialto Bridge, St. Mark's Square, and Ponte dell'Accademia as you stroll
DescriptionTake in the sights and sounds of Venice’s Grand Canal on a walking tour with a private guide. Stroll through winding Venetian streets and upgrade your tour with an optional gondola ride or a private tour of the Doge’s Palace. Begin your walking tour at the iconic Rialto Bridge, connecting San Marco to San Polo. From here, explore the narrow streets of the Old Town, passing the monuments of Campo Manin, Campo Sant'Angelo, and Campo Santo Stefano. Stop at the Ponte dell'Accademia to admire the hundreds of love locks and stunning views over the Grand Canal. See gondolas gliding by and listen to the sounds of street performers. Finish your tour at St. Mark’s Square and admire St. Mark’s Basilica, St. Mark’s Bell Tower, and the Doge’s Palace. Complete your Grand Canal walking tour with a 30-minute gondola ride, depending on the option you select. Ride a traditional gondola with other travelers and enjoy views of Venice from the water. As you cruise, look about the city from your gondolier or the mobile app. Choose the 4.5-hour option to visit to the Doge’s Palace with your private guide. Skip the long lines and explore this historic palace, the former residence of 120 Doges of Venice. As you explore, admire the richly decorated Doge’s apartments, the Old Prison, the Bridge of Sighs, and the New Prison.
IncludesPrivate guided walking tour 30-minute shared gondola ride with commentary (if option selected) Audio guide for gondola tour via mobile app (if option selected) Skip-the-line tickets to the Doge’s Palace with private guide (if option selected)
- Gondoliers do not approve of visitors eating or drinking in their gondolas. It is also not advisable to ask them to perform a serenade without a prior agreement and an additional fee