My Guide Website?
Private Art & Culture Tour in Dorsoduro and Academia, Venice
Discover the rich history and cultural heritage of the Dorsoduro and Academia districts with the best Local Guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the Dorsoduro district with a 5-Star Private Guide
- Learn about the local history, culture and art
- See historic churches, palaces and bridges
- Visit the beautiful Basilica of Santa Maria della Salute (3 &5H options only)
- Admire art in the Peggy Guggenheim Museum with skip-the-line tickets (5H only)
DescriptionDorsoduro is known as the art district of Venice, with many architectural masterpieces, famous museums, and cultural hot spots. On this private tour you will discover the best things to see and do in Dorsoduro and find out why this neighbourhood is popular with street artists, students, and historians. Feel the magic of Venice! Choose the 2-hours option to see the best highlights of Dorsoduro, the highest point in the Floating City. The tour will begin outside the magnificent Basilica of Santa Maria della Salute, which overlooks the Grand Canal. Explore the narrow, winding streets and canals while listening to amazing stories about historic sites such as the ruins of Palazzo Genovese and Ex Chiesa di San Gregorio. Pass the Peggy Guggenheim Collection and the Gallerie dell'Accademia, and take a photo with the famous Ponte dell'Accademia. Head to Calle Della Toletta to hear the legend of the Witch’s Hour, and see the Church of San Barnaba, which is known as a museum with works by Leonardo da Vinci and a fictional Library of Indiana Jones. You will also discover the ancient tradition of fist clashes as you cross Ponte dei Pugni, and get tips on the best shops, restaurants and cafes around Campo Santa Margherita. The final highlight will be a visit to the Church of San Pantalon, which boasts a vast ceiling fresco by Gianantonio Fumiani and many other artworks. Choose the 3-hour option to enrich your experience with a visit to the Basilica of Santa Maria della Salute (free parts only). It’s one of the most famous landmarks of Venice with a spectacular baroque dome, unique octagonal design, and a popular stairway. As you explore its awe-inspiring interior with your Expert-Guide, you will learn about the symbolism of the high altar where the Virgin and Child protects Venice from the plague. You will also see 12 works by Titian and Tintoretto’s Marriage Feast of Cana in the basilica’s sacristy. Choose the 5-hour option to also visit the Peggy Guggenheim Collection, a world-class modern art museum. It is the second most visited art gallery in Venice, but with skip-the-line tickets you will beat the crowds and go straight in without waiting in line. Learn about the great collector Peggy Guggenheim as you explore his Venetian house, garden and personal collection of art. See works by great artists such as Pollock, Ernst, Picasso, Brancusi and Dalí, as well as modern sculptures by Giacometti and Paolozzi.
IncludesPrivate Walking Tour of Dorsoduro and Academia Districts (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice Free admission to the Church of San Pantalon (all options) Free admission to the Basilica of Santa Maria della Salute (3 and 5-hour options only) Skip-the-line tickets to the Peggy Guggenheim Collection (5-hour option only)
- Please check your email the day before the tour to receive important information. Please note that the number of attractions depends on the selected option. Entry to the Basilica of Santa Maria della Salute and the Peggy Guggenheim Collection is not included on the basic 2-hour tour. For the comfort of all guests, it is best to have 1 licensed guide per maximum of 25 guests. If there are 26-50 people in your group, we will provide the service of 2 licensed guides so that all guests can get the best experience, ask questions and hear the guide well. Entry to San Pantalon Church is free but you can help maintain the church through voluntary donation. The church is open Saturday to Thursday 10 AM - 12:30 PM and 3:30 - 6 PM, and is closed on Mondays. Free admission to the Basilica of Santa Maria della Salute excludes access to the Sacristy, Internal Balustrade (Balustrade of the Prophets) and External Balustrade (Dome). Tickets can be purchased on site.