My Guide Website?
Private Tour of Venice San Polo, Rialto and San Marco
Discover the cultural heritage and commercial history of Venice on a private tour of San Polo and Rialto. See Rialto Bridge and Market, and visit the spectacular Basilica Dei Frari.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Venice:If youʻre booking your trip to Venice last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the beautiful Basilica Dei Frari with a 5-Star Private Guide
- See highlights of San Polo and Rialto districts
- Immerse yourself in local history and cultural heritage
- Enjoy the views from St. Mark’s Bell Tower with skip-the-line tickets(3h&5hOnly)
- Discover the art & history of Doge’s Palace with skip-the-line tickets(5h Only)
DescriptionJoin this exclusive tour of San Polo, one of the smallest, busiest and oldest districts in the Floating City, to discover its must-see sights and hidden gems, from the Basilica Dei Frari to the world-famous Rialto Bridge. See some of the oldest houses and churches in the city and immerse yourself in fascinating stories about Venice’s history, culture and vibrant social life. Choose the 2-hour option to see the highlights of the San Polo and Rialto neighborhoods and visit the magnificent Basilica of Santa María Gloriosa dei Frari. Don't be disappointed by the basilica's modest Gothic exterior, as the interior hides the wealth of the Italian Renaissance. It's amazing architecture is complimented by a number of sculptures and paintings, including works of masters such as Titian and Bellini. It's an awe-inspiring space that has served the local community for centuries. As you wander along some of Venice's oldest streets lined with small medieval houses and merchants’ shops, your Private Guide will explain how during the Middle Ages this crowded neighborhood became the center of trade for silk, spices, precious metals, exotic woods and other goods. Head to the largest square in Venice, Campo San Polo to feel the buzzing atmosphere, smells and sounds, and learn about the famous Rialto Market, which has been in operation for more than 600 years. You will pass San Giacomo di Rialto, the oldest church in Venice’s Old Town, and end the tour at the popular Rialto Bridge, which has been connecting San Paulo to San Marco for over 400 years. It is a must-see in Venice! Choose the 3-hour option to also explore San Marco district and visit St. Mark’s Bell Tower to enjoy the best views over the Old Town and Grand Canal. During this extended tour you will walk from the Rialto Bridge to Piazza San Marco, which is the principal square in Venice, featuring prominent landmarks such as the beautiful St. Mark’s Basilica and the Doge’s Palace. These buildings play a major role in the city’s history. The highlight of this tour will be admiring the city’s panorama from the viewing terrace of the Campanile (St. Mark’s Bell Tower) with skip-the-line tickets. Choose the 5-hour option to also visit Doge’s Palace (Palazzo Ducale) with skip-the-line tickets that allow you to jump the queue to this top attraction. The Doge’s Palace is an iconic example of Venetian Gothic and a treasure box of local history. Learn about the city’s Golden Age as you explore the luxurious Doge’s apartments, institutional chambers, the Old Prison, and the New Prison. Highlights include works by famous artists such as Titan, Veronese, and Tintoretto, and taking photos at the Bridge of Sighs, which connects the palace to its prison and offers an amazing view of St. Mark’s Square and the lagoon.
IncludesPrivate Walking Tour of San Polo with Basilica Dei Frari, St. Mark's Bell Tower and the Doge Palace (number of attractions depends on the selected option) 5-Star Licensed Guide who is fluent in the language of your choice Admission fee to the Basilica Dei Frari (all options) Skip-the-line tickets to St. Mark's Bell Tower (3 and 5-hour options only) Skip-the-line ticket to Doge's Palace (5-hour option only)
- Please check your email the day before the tour for important information. Please note that you will not visit St. Mark’s Bell Tower and the Doge’s Palace on a 2-hour tour. Skip-the-line tickets to Doge’s Palace grant you immediate entry at your booked time, without waiting in line at the ticket office. There are mandatory security checks. Headphones/audio whisper systems will be provided for groups larger than 10. Skip-the-line tickets to St. Mark's Campanile (Bell Tower) include priority admission without waiting at the ticket office and lift access to the viewing terrace. Tickets to St. Mark’s Basilica are not included in this tour. 2-hour tour: for the best experience, we will limit your group size to 1-25 guests per guide. We can arrange additional guides for larger groups. 3- and 5-hour tours: due to regulations, 1 licensed guide can lead 1-20 guests. If there are 21-40 people in your group, we will provide the service of 2 licensed guides.